Saturday, March 27, 2010

Painting glazes or playing with glazes III





After a week in Netherlands, for a short vacation I am back at the studio making new experiments with glazes.

Although the vacation passed so quickly, (like vacations always do) I did managed to see a little bit of art, with the help of my beloved cousins Dori and Bert. First we went to the north, to see Makkum http://www.royaltichelaar.com/  , where traditional pottery and modern are meeting and melting into each other. I was so relieved to see that even great master's pottery works are not always perfect in shape and quality; I even bought one that was lying on the "damaged" table but still cost like fortune.



The next day we went to see the Textile museum http://www.textielmuseum.nl/ and the Contemporary museum in Tilburg ( De Pont Foundation for Contemporary Art www.ivarhagendoorn.com/.../de-pont-foundation-for-contemporary-art ) which was very inspiring and made me missing painting so much till it hurt my bones.

That's why I didn't wait much and immediately start painting with brushes on the pots I have already ready for dipping in glaze.





As in previous experiments, it looks so beautiful before firing, but I have no clue about the results…





The kiln is already working from 10:00 o'clock this morning and I am eager to see how the dishes will look, after being heated in 1800 Celsius degree.





I really hope they won't stick to the kiln shelves…



3 comments:

Kim Hines said...

i'm interested to see your results too. i've been thinking about painting w/ glazes lately, i've got some pieces pictured in my head that i'm trying to figure out how to make a reality. can't wait to see how they turn out! :)

Sue D said...

Hi Varda,

Welcome back! Nothing like a vacation to get the creative juices flowing. It seems that 'glazing' is in the air as everyone is blogging about the challenges. Making the piece is so much easier while glazing is a form of self expression and requires much experimentation and a leap of faith. Now I must stop procrastinating and finish my glazing as well! I look forward to seeing your finished pieces.

walking beyond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails